Classic Evolutions - IT support professionals (Classic Evolutions) takes the issue of privacy very seriously, including user interactions with its website. Some data is collected about visitors, including:
- standard machine identity details, as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and server;
- and data on the nature of a user's visit to the website, including server address, user's upper domain category (eg: .com, .org, .au, .it, .jp, etc), date and time of the visit, the path taken to the Classic Evolutions site (e.g.: through a search engine or link from another site), and pages accessed, route taken through the site and documents downloaded.
When a user provides information of a personal nature, for instance, when contacting Classic Evolutions or loging into the website, Classic Evolutions:
- does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information externally without the user's knowledge or consent, nor collect any information without the user's knowledge or consent;
- attempts to store information as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely by authorised Classic Evolutions staff for the purposes of:
- analysing the effectiveness of the website to improve its usefulness and service; and
- checking and registering of companies and individuals for Classic Evolutions; and/or processing a request or feedback by a user.
The Classic Evolutions staff who operate the website, or have access to any user information related to it, are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
To know more regarding your privacy rights as a consumer can be found at The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner website.